April Showers Bring May Flowers
Enjoy the flowers and leave the showers to the professionals!
April showers may also result in a variety of different types of water damages. Freezing and thawing pipes as the weather tries to make up its mind, torrential spring storms, clogged gutters, or overflowing downspouts may cause various types of water damage. Flood and water damage are quite common in the U.S., with more than 83 percent of water hazards resulting from flash floods. We all fear water disaster as it creates havoc and gives rise to several other problems such as mold or structural damage.
SERVPRO of Charles County and SERVPRO of Oxon Hill understand the importance of keeping your business's doors open! We respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration process with experienced, trained, and certified technicians. No matter the size of your emergency, SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill are here to help! We can be reached by calling on (301) 753-8313 for water damage repair and restoration service.
Dirty Duct Cleaning!
The spring is a time to refresh, reinvigorate and renew. Is your home ready for the spring season? Now is the perfect time of year for air duct cleaning. Spring is when we tend to focus on a clean house, but what if it is not as clean as you imagine. Air ducts can collect a lot of dust, dirt, and allergens that are not visible. As air conditioners draw in outside air, they may also pull contaminants. Duct cleaning is a complicated job and SERVPRO has professional technicians with specific knowledge to do a thorough job. Some indicators that you should have your ducts cleaned include:
- In an annual service of your air conditioning system, if mold is detected, then you should have your ducts cleaned.
- If your home has been newly renovated home, then your ducts should be cleaned from the dust and dirt that may have resulted from the construction
- If your home is still dusty despite cleaning, take a look at the supply and return vents and if they look dirty, it may be time to schedule a duct cleaning.
- Every year your heating and cooling costs should be predictable and similar to the previous year. However, if those costs have increased then you should schedule a duct cleaning.
At SERVPRO of Charles County and SERVPRO of Oxon Hill, our professionals will be able to help you with keeping your air ducts clean. Feel free to contact us for more information about our services today!
Should You Worry About Kitchen Fires?
Unattended Kitchen Fire
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), cooking accidents resulting in fires are the #1 reason for house fires in the US. It is estimated that around 189,300 home structure fires started each year due to cooking between 2016 and 2018. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking.
It is more than clear by the above mentioned that Kitchen Fires are not to be taken lightly. Safety tips recommended to prevent a Kitchen fire are:
- Don’t leave your pan. If you have to leave the kitchen, turn the burner off.
- Pay attention. Fires start when heat is too high. If you see smoke, turn the burner off.
- Pot handles should be turned toward the back of the stove so that no one can bump them or pull them over.
- Make sure flammables are away from cooktop. Keep oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains away.
- Keep a pan lid or baking sheet nearby because you can use it to cover the pan if it catches on fire which will put out the fire.
In the event of a kitchen fire:
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire.
- Call 9-1-1 after you leave.
- If you try to fight the fire, be sure others are getting out and you have a clear way out.
Lastly, if you need help because of fire damage, SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill are here to help 24 x 7 at (301) 753-8313.
A rain shower in which you hear thunder is a thunderstorm. All thunderstorms have lightning since thunder comes from lightning. A “severe” thunderstorm is one which contains one or more of the following: hail one inch or greater, winds gusting in excess of 57.5 mph, or a tornado. Spring and summer months are when thunderstorms are most likely to occur during the afternoon and evening hours.
Many hazardous weather events are associated with thunderstorms. Under certain conditions, thunderstorm rainfall may cause flash flooding, killing more people each year than hurricanes, tornadoes or lightning. Fires started from lightning cause fatalities. These storms may produce hail up to the size of softballs which can do a lot of damage. Strong winds associated with thunderstorms can knock down trees, power lines and mobile homes.
A Severe Thunderstorm WATCH is issued by the NOAA Storm Prediction Center meteorologists who are watching the weather 24/7 across the entire U.S. for weather conditions that are favorable for severe thunderstorms. In the case of a Watch, be prepared for more severe weather.
A Severe Thunderstorm WARNING is issued by your local NOAA National Weather Service Forecast Office meteorologists who watch a designated area 24/7 for severe weather that has been reported by spotters or indicated by radar. Warnings mean there is a serious threat to life and property to those in the path of the storm. In the case of a warning, act immediately to find safe shelter!
If your home or business is damaged by a storm, our professionals at SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill are here to help 24 x 7 at (301) 753-8313.
Top Causes of Water Damage
Water damage can substantially affect buildings wherein water creeps into the areas of a property discoloring walls and adding moisture. This moisture can lead to the formation of mold causing excessive damage. Without water damage repair and restoration, all this can weaken the structure of the building. Below are some common causes that can cause water damage in the property:
Plumbing Issues: Plumbing issues are quite common in every property; therefore, it is essential to inspect the plumbing systems once a year to fix hoses, pipe joints and drain pipes.
Severe Weather/Natural Di: Natural disasters such as thunderstorms, hurricanes and snowstorms can cause excessive damage to your property. Strong winds and heavy downpour can damage your roof letting rainwater enter your home.
Clogged Drains: Clogged drains are quite common in the residential and corporate areas. Bathroom or sink drains can get clogged with dirt, hair or other substances. This can case pipe damage as well as structural damage. If left untreated, this can damage to other places in the home.
Structural Damage: Moisture creeping in the walls of your home can cause mold formation and rotting.
SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill are here to help! We can be reached by calling on (301) 753-8313 for water damage repair and restoration service.
Expert Mold Remediation
Mold is one such thing that can grow unnoticed; sometimes it is visible and sometimes, hidden inside the walls/tiles, and can devastate your property without warning. Besides affecting your property, it can have effects on your health as well. With the winter thaw and the start of spring, it is important to be on the lookout for any signs of water intrusion or water leakage which can result in mold. Mold is tiny and everywhere, thrives on moisture and often smells. Mold spreads quickly and can impact your property and personal belongings, and thus, mold remediation becomes essential.
Why SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill?
- We are faster to any size disaster and we start the remediation process immediately after you contact us.
- We are highly trained and certified and have invested in the proper equipment and tools to restore your home quickly and efficiently.
- We are experts in repairing the contaminated space.
These professional services are available for commercial mold remediation as well. SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill are here to help 24 x 7 at (301) 753-8313. Our experts inspect, assess and remediate the mold with specialized equipment and many years of expertise and knowledge.
Spring has Sprung!
Happy Spring Cleaning!
Birds are chirping and flowers are blooming! Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows us to revitalize and spruce up our living and working spaces, although with this year of COVID, the two have in many cases become one and the same. We are looking forward to the excitement of spring and summer and the chance to make wonderful new, positive, healthy and happy memories.
A healthy environment is as critical in your office workspace as it is in your home. It is important to keep your office space clean and well-maintained. Currently, sanitization and professional cleaning have become a primary necessity for all office spaces. We at SERVPRO are here to help you keep your customers and employees safe, and let everyone know you've chosen a higher standard of clean.
As a professional office cleaning Service, we have the right tools, equipment and expertise in cleaning offices. We can save a lot of time and effort, allowing you to focus on the necessities of your business.
Good spring cleaning keeps everyone happy with their working conditions, and makes your work environment professional and inviting. SERVPRO of Charles County and SERVPRO of Oxon Hill can be relied on to make your workspace look its very best, just give us a call at 301-753-8313.
We Got Your Back!
Proud to Serve our Community
After storm damage, it is necessary to begin the restoration process as soon as possible. Analyzing the damage on your own may result in many unnoticed areas that can cause havoc later or lead to more extensive damage to your property. Therefore, hire a professional storm damage restoration company like SERVPRO® of Charles County or SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill, and we will take care of everything, from analyzing, to repair and restoration, leaving your home "Like it never even happened."
So here is why you should opt for our professional storm damage restoration company:
- Locally Grown Company: You know us. We have been servicing Charles County and Oxon Hill for over 30 years. We have grown exponentially and continue to do so year after year. Here at SERVPRO® we are a family, and we attempt to make every customer that we meet feel that they are part of ours. We understand the stress and disruption that happens with fire or water damage and we do our best to provide comfort and peace of mind during those times.
- Services on Time: The sooner you connect with us, the less loss you will bear. We are available for emergency services around the clock and are at your service as soon as you reach out to us for help.
- High-Quality Process and Highly Trained Staff: Hiring a trained professional company for storm damage restoration will help you reduce the restoration cost. We begin with an assessment, provide the restoration and clean-up. The restoration process will be thorough, timely, and to your complete satisfaction.
- Insurance Claim Handling: We are experts in handling insurance matters. If you have no experience in filing insurance claims, then we can help you. Proper filing ensures maximum benefit as we provide you with adequate and comprehensive proof of damage.
You may not often need us, but we are here and happy to help when you do! There is no greater satisfaction than knowing you are helping your community not only with their homes but with their schools and businesses.
How to choose a commercial cleaning service?
SERVPRO can make it like it NEVER happened!
Choosing a professional as well as commercial cleaning service is not such a daunting task as we think of it. You just need to choose the right one for you. A cleaning service provider that is highly reputable and protects your assets can be a perfect choice. You need to narrow down your search as per the following parameters:
- A Professional Commercial Cleaning Services Company will inform you about the process of hiring, products they use and the formal training process that their employees have gone through.
- Check for the proof of insurance of the company. It is quite necessary for today’s scenario so that any loss can be recovered.
- While searching for a cleaning services company, you should consider the experience of a company. With years of experience, companies develop a system for cleaning and know the art of handling cleaning equipment.
- Check if the company has any references and positive feedback. A quality company will be able to provide you with positive feedback from its clients. You can also choose to contact the references and ask about their experience. This will help you choose a better commercial cleaning service.
SERVPRO of Charles County and SERVPRO of Oxon Hill is available 24 hours a day to restore your property and get you back to business.
What happens if your Sump Pump fails?
These days, sump pumps have almost become a must for houses constructed below the basement's main surface. In the event of a serious storm, a sump pump sends accumulated water out of your basement, thus, preventing flood and water damage. Once the water begins to accumulate, it may cause wood to warp, rot and allow mold to grow.
It should be clear to everyone that sump pumps can also fail at times, or become overwhelmed in a severe storm. As such, it is always advised to check your sump pump's functionality regularly. They can fail due to age, lack of water while still running, debris or a serious clog or the loss of power.
If your sump pump fails,
- Immediately check whether the sump pump is defective or functioning.
- In case the pump has failed, remove any debris if it's clogged.
- Do not step into the water without ensuring the electricity is turned off.
If you experience flood or water related issue call SERVPRO® of Charles County or SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill and let us walk you through the process. We provide free visual inspections, and we will guide you through the claim, cleanup and reconstruction processes as necessary. We are always Here to Help!
SERVPRO® of Charles County