WINTER is HERE!!
WINTER is HERE!!! YIKES!
The temperature is dropping and Winter is coming in with a roar. As a Multi-Unit Property manager here are some tips to help winterize your units.
- Have boilers and furnaces checked immediately.
- Clear leaves out of your gutters
- Check for pooling on the roof after rainfall
- Have your trees trimmed
- Setup service contracts for snow removal in advance
- Install insulated windows or wrap current windows in plastic.
- Repair outdoor wall cracks
- Clear out storm drains
- Stock up on de-icer products
- Inspect fire alarms and smoke detectors
- Have chimneys professionally cleaned and serviced
As a commercial property manager in a Multi-Unit setting you are not alone. SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill recommends sending out notices to all of your tenants educating them on what to look for. When you tenants see an issue, they can let you know immediately and this will provide you the opportunity to reduce or prevent damage.
If you find yourself in a situation where the damage is done, please do not hesitate to call us at 301.753.8313.