If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (301) 753-8313

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

The United State Fire Administration: Carbon Monoxide

12/2/2019 (Permalink)

The United State Fire Administration: Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide is very dangerous as you cannot see or smell it but it can kill you in minutes. Often referred to as the silent killer, Carbon monoxide is invisible, odorless and colorless. The United States Fire Administration has offered some tips to protect yourself from Carbon Monoxide.

  • Have fuel burning appliances inspected by trained professionals every year.
  • Open the damper before using fireplace.
  • Never use oven or stove top to heat your home.
  • Make sure all fuel burning appliances are vented outside.
  • If you need to warm up your vehicle remove it from the garage.
  • Only use grills outside away from vents, windows and doors.
  • Only use portable generators outside away from vents, windows and doors.

It is estimated that more than 400 Americans die, 20,000 visit the hospital and 4,000 are admitted to the hospital due to CO poisoning. Symptoms of CO poising include dull headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea/vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision and loss of consciousness.

SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill ask you to please be aware and safe when it comes to the potential of CO poisoning and your home!

Other News

View Recent Posts