Southern Maryland Emergency Water Damage Tips
Here in Southern Maryland we have experienced many weather-related events that have caused water damages for many over the last few years. One thing SERVPRO® of Charles County and SERVPRO® of Oxon Hill wants our community to know is what to do when you have a water damage. The first 24 hours of a water damage is critical in reducing the damage to your home or business. Here are some tips to help you if you experience a water damage…
- Shut off the water source if possible.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas.
- Remove as much excess water as possible
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- Move any valuable items to a dry place
- Do not enter affected areas if electrical outlets are exposed to water
- Do not use vacuum to remove water
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet
If you have experienced a water damage and need a professional to walk you through call us today @ 301.753.8313.